Date(s) - 26/06/2015
Categories No Categories
Hailed as one of the best sectorial networking events of the year, CILT’s North West Region Awards for Education & Excellence promote and showcase individual and corporate best practice within the freight and passenger transport industry and are supported by organisations and individuals from throughout the North West.
Hosted by the BBC’s Dave Guest, the awards evening guarantees to challenge and inform with maximum enjoyment and entertainment. 12 Awards will be presented in the following individual and corporate categories:
- Student of the Year
- Young Freight Logistics Manger of the Year
- Young Passenger Transport Manger of the Year
- Service to the Industry in Freight Logistics
- Service to the Industry in Passenger Transport
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Best Practice Award for Freight Transport
- Best Practice Award for Passenger Transport
- Environmental Improvement Award for Freight Transport
- Environmental Improvement Award for Passenger Transport
- Consultancy of the Year
- Warehouse Operations of the Year
How to Enter:
Nominators should supply one entry form per submission, electronically with a maximum of 2,500 words per entry to firstname.lastname@example.org who will confirm receipt electronically within 24 hours, if not call him on 07725 070184. Supporting material is permitted to give an illustration of the project or projects in which the nominee has been involved. For the corporate awards, supporting material is permissible, but only to explain the entry and provide amplification of the project goals and therefore must be totally relevant to the project and entrants may be contacted for further information by the judging panel.
For the individual categories the judges will be looking for:
- Evidence of personal impact on task/s described
- Significant influence over business operations
- Demonstration of desire to drive their own career
- Level of innovation/desire to challenge the status quo
- Evidence of sustained success in previous roles
For the corporate awards judges will look for:
- Effectiveness and impact of output in the situation described
- Use of innovative ideas or the extension of good practice into new areas
- Success in overcoming technical challenges and other difficulties
- Its wider significance and applicability in other organisations
Quantification of the scale/size/benefits
NB: Judges will make their decision based on the project and its benefits to your organisation.
Closing date for entries is 29th May 2015. Where the categories match, entries and nominations to the CILT North West Awards will automatically be entered in the CILT Annual Awards held at one of London’s premier venues – the Lancaster London Hotel on 22nd October 2015.