Buying or Selling a Business
It is important to get good advice as early as possible if you are thinking of buying or selling your business. We can help with this along with your other advisers such as your accountants. This may be something you only do once in a lifetime, so we appreciate that getting it right is crucial.
The process can be stressful and sometimes intense. We understand this and the fact you still have to continue running a business. Our aim is to provide support when you need it most so you can get on with running your business with as little interference as possible.
Our aim is to:
- Make the process run smoothly.
- Guide you through the legal due diligence process whether you are preparing information as a seller or reviewing as a buyer.
- Help you to receive the value you expect if you are a seller or pay the price you agree if you are a buyer.
- Flag up risks and provide protections if you are a buyer and mitigate the risk of claims through effective contract negotiation and disclosure if you are a seller.
- Ensure any issues concerning your operator’s licence(s) are dealt with appropriately.
- Document the deal you agree.
- Get the deal completed.
At Backhouse Jones, our corporate team are happy to assist. We are experienced in advising on transactions of all sizes and types and have an in-depth understanding of businesses in the bus, coach and HGV sectors and issues peculiar to them. We will listen to your thoughts and respect the manner in which you run your business, because we understand that each business is different and you want to get the deal done.
We have a business matching service which you can find more info about here.
For more information, please speak with a member of our corporate team: